Tuesday, July 28, 2009

anxiety

My female owner experienced really bad anxiety on Sunday night (she doesn’t think its panic attacks coz she wasn’t hyperventilating). She just felt anxious and jittery about whatever she was going to do on Monday. She had to wake up early, practise guitar for an hour, wash her clothes, make a trip to the hospital at a set time to collect some data (and data collection involved a number of steps), make a quick trip to the grocery to get some essentials, rush to uni for her first class of the semester (and hope she sits next to some nice people coz there would be group work involved), psyche herself to go for a jog and eventually, meet I-Fren for a jog.

Very standard, non-urgent or exceptional stuff. But yet, she had million thoughts racing through her head. Different “what ifs” and “what elses” popping into her head. “What if I forget to do something?”, “What else do I need to do?”

She felt so uptight, she knew it was ridiculous and unbecoming. As usual, the day unfolded the way it should be. No dramas.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook