Saturday, July 25, 2009

brook

My female owner had another guitar lesson today. At this present moment, her skills level is elementary. She can play songs as long as she has the chords and knows the fingering for them. Her strumming repertoire is limited but still “passable”. She can pick up different strumming styles when taught.

Things she still can't do: She can’t play properly with a guitar pick. She can't play with much feelings coz she gets all self-conscious when people look at her play. She can’t work out individualised strumming patterns for songs.

She appreciates the soothing, gentle but firm playing style of her guitar teacher. If her playing is like a volcano erupting (no thanks to her noisy and irregular strumming), his is like the gentle trickling of water in a brook.

At this time, she has no overt goals she is working towards but she reckons that she will work on her rhythm (she always had problems with timing, even with flute), her repertoire of strumming patterns and chords knowledge and maybe, if she is really into it, get a guitar of her own.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook