Tuesday, July 21, 2009

money

My female owner had a sudden change in mindset a couple of days ago.

Those who know my female owner may realise by now that making lotsa money is not one of her priorities in life (if it is, she wouldn’t have resigned from her previous job, or stuck with her ex-bf who was largely financially challenged). And even when people tell her that she can earn big bucks in future (coz she calls herself a “poor student”), she doesn’t get excited at the prospect.

“Just as long as I have enough to get by, coz money is not everything”, she says.

A few days ago, in a conversation with erm, her mum, my female owner suddenly realised that earning money is not just about her getting by. It is also about giving and sowing into God’s kingdom. If she has the earning potential, she should stretch herself in this area.

Ah, so it’s not just about herself anymore. For the first time in her life, she prayed that she would be able to earn lotsa money, so that she can channel the money to where it matters. Money, as the means to an end.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook