Monday, May 25, 2009

yield

My female owner reported having a really fun weekend of escaping a looming assignment deadline. She had her schedule planned out for the weekend. It goes something like “Spend Saturday doing essay. Use one computer to read PDF files and the other to type essay. Meet Bxx for dinner if it doesn’t rain. Go to uni early on Sunday to print out essay to proofread and make final changes.”

Her intricate plans were disrupted with an impromptu jio from Mr Nice Guy (note: new friend label) to watch Star Trek at South Bank. Having been unable to join him in previous jios, she decided that she could well-afford this mini detour. They ended up watching A Night in the Museum with two other church friends. And movie extended to dinner at Runcorn at a Taiwanese restaurant called Green Tea Garden or something. The interior of the restaurant was painted a strong green! Poor female owner!

And the four of them had a whaling good time going gaga over their bubble tea. With names like First Kiss, Angel’s Kiss, Romance and Random, you can just imagine the jokes that crack up over statements like “I wanna enjoy my First Kiss”, “My Romance is too sweet for me!”, “I’m going to bring my Romance home”, “Look! Your Romance is getting diluted..”, “Mine is so Random!” They also had a pseudo-intimate sharing of their previous relationships and reasons why they ended. My female owner reckons that it was cathartic for a couple of them.

Saturday night escapade was supposed to end then. Except that Mr Nice Guy and Mr Romance wanted to rent DVDs to watch. My female owner put her foot down to say that she couldn’t join them because she had an assignment to do. Alas, under the combined persuasion powers of the two Mr, my female owner yielded to her true self and ended up watching Eagle Eye on a wide-screen plasma TV (so shiok she says!)

She ended up reaching home at about 12midnight…. But hey! Her conscience spoke up real loud (or it could have been the caffeine working in full force) and she worked till about 0400hr.

Sunday started late for her, at about 1100hr. Almost immediately, my female owner got her engine running and continued working on her violent essay. She had half a mind not to go for dinner with her church friends after church in order to make up for lost time. Ah, you got it right, she ended up going for dinner even though her conscience was tugging at her really loud. And what a dinner it was, with an impromptu addition of her I-Fren who drew out the often-unseen side of her (reserved only for selected categories of friends) in front of the rest of her bible study group friends. In her words, she probably has to do much damage control afterwards.

Once again, history repeated itself. Yielding to the combined persuasion powers of the two Mr, and she ended up watching Body of Lies. Reached home at 2300hr and worked till about 0300hr on her assignment.

There you go, a weekend with three movies and two ticklish dinners, right in the heart of Brisbane. Re-enacts part of a familiar lifestyle which my female owner left behind when she went over to Brisbane to study.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook