Tuesday, May 12, 2009

brains

My female owner has been thinking a lot recently. She just cannot work out some things while at the same time, other stuff caught her by surprise (and she can’t work them out either).

Anyway, speaking of brains… she stopped at Goldcoast over the weekend to buy bottles of Salmon Oil from the chemist for her family. They have been taking these health supplements to manage their chronic illnesses. It seems like Salmon Oil is good for the heart, cholesterol level, cognitive function and memory. My female owner was tempted to use one bottle for herself to boost her brain power. She pinpoints her decline in cognitive functioning to the following: drinking, aging and lack of fish in her diet (too expensive, she says).

However, my female owner then decided that her brains can wait (hmm.. I see this as a clear sign of cognitive impairment: not being able to prioritise what is most important and getting distracted by peripherals). She chose to get a bottle of Glucosamine instead. Apparently, it helps to:

  • Relieve the pain caused by osteoarthritis
  • Increase joint mobility and reduce joint stiffness
  • Reduce joint inflammation and swelling
  • Reduce cartilage wear
  • Protect from deterioration of joint damage in osteoarthritis

Yes, she wants to do something about her dodgy knee before it gets too late and she ends up limping all her life. Ah, the perils of aging, random taste-buds and uncontrolled weight-gain.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook