Friday, May 01, 2009

ageing

With her 30th birthday just round the corner (up to you to picture how big that corner is), my female owner feels old and tired. She notices that her body and mind being less vibrant as before. Processing speed slows down. Memory becomes unreliable. Concepts float over her. Skin wrinkles. Body takes longer to recover. Fats pile on quicker than a Singaporean digging in at a buffet table – a lump of lard she calls herself.

Really, once she believed she would be forever young. She took it for granted that her body and mind would continue working as efficiently as how she had known them to function in her prime, her teenage years. Now reality hits home and ageing is the new game she has to play.

Could it be the effect of working in an aged care home? By the way, her charming resident passed away yesterday and my female owner is upset with the sudden turn of events. She was not mentally prepared for deaths.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook