Saturday, May 30, 2009

Hillsong - Centre of my life

One common prayer that Christians make to God is that they want God to be the centre of their lives.

My female owner is no exception. Recently, God showed her the image of a photograph and asked her “Where am I, in this photograph?”

My female owner knew what God was saying. The photograph represents her life, different elements that make up her life. Her family, her friends, us turtles, her studies, her different interests (e.g. aikido, outdoor activities, music etc), her dreams, experiences, fears … and God.

For a long time, God had been tucked in one corner, far away from the centre. Despite her spiritual upheavals over the last decade of her life, my female owner cannot deny the realness of God. At the same time, for many reasons, she had allowed other things (tangible and intangible) to take centre stage in her life.

She is now in the midst of “photo-shopping” this photograph. To remove those elements which had overstayed, to prune away others which had grown weeds and uproot uninvited residents. To increase those elements which deserve a bigger and more prominent position in her photo and even add in missing elements!

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook