Monday, November 17, 2008

unscathed

Before getting in her current programme, my female owner naively thought that the hardest part about pursuing a Masters course is in getting accepted into the course.

9 months on, she realises that she is so wrong. Getting into the programme no doubt is difficult, but surviving the programme is a totally new ball game.

Not many will go through the programme unscathed. My female owner dare say that all will have, at many points suffered the following: bruised egos, periods of self-doubt, wandering in darkness and blindness, intense emotions such as fear, frustration and helplessness, weight loss (or weight gain), insomnia, panda-looking eyes, regrets and wishful thinking, financial difficulties, pierced spirits, poor health, feelings of being hypocritical and inadequate.

Oh no.. I’m starting to sound so gloomy.. anyway, my female owner has been yearning for home-baked double chocolate chip cookies. She realises (and I’m not surprised at this) that under extreme stress or anxiety, her body cries out for unhealthy food to soothe the mental and emotional upheaval. Healthy foods and exercise do not seem to help.

Given her current bout of stress, I bet she is going to bake another batch soon. And out with the Biggest Loser Competition she is having with her Potahto Fren!

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook