Tuesday, November 18, 2008

switch

My female owner has been skiving since last week. Almost everyday, she has been going out with friends, either for meals, to say goodbye or for walks. It is as if she is making up for lost time (all those months of suppression… being home alone doing endless work to cooking bland foods – she refuses to add salt into her food coz “it’s unnatural” to not exercising).

Anyway, she also caught the procrastination bug (full-blown). Now, she tends to start work the night before on things she needs to get done for the next day. How heroic! What if someone jio her out for an impromptu activity? Then how is she going to complete her work?! She is certainly over-estimating her ability this time.

After that horrible research paper she submitted recently (and getting a 6 for it and being so upset about it) and a few mishaps yesterday which got her into some hot soup, my female owner decided today to discard (my female owner actually used a vulgarity here… but I insisted on using clean language. It’s my turtle pad after all!) the original research proposal and change to something she has NOT developed interest in. She hopes that she will日久生情 (develop feelings through time). She made the switch because her research supervisor has ready data for her (i.e. she skips the horrible step of recruitment) and she can streamline her workload (since she is most likely going to be his RA working on the same topic anyway). So she gets paid working on her thesis and learning from someone who is a researcher and a practitioner.

Is this called working smart or what? My female owner has reached an age where she is willing to give up frivolous ideals for the convenient reality. Call it mellowing down or jaded. Right now, she rather give up her SM tendencies (doing things the hard way) just so that she can live life properly.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook