Monday, November 10, 2008

grace

My female owner is going to sit for her one and only written examination tomorrow. Today has been a day where she was bombarded left right centre with God’s grace.

First, her Potahto Fren (haven’t been writing about her for a long time) pointed her into the direction of a potential part-time job which she can fit into her schedule while she is back in Singapore (eh, I thought my female owner is supposed to be on holiday!). The person liaising with my female owner turned out to be a previous intern at her former workplace! Although it is not certain if she’ll get the job, my female owner is thankful for the opportunity. At least there is hope, as she puts it.

Second, she had a nice chat with Mr Squabbles who shared about Jesus being one's sole focus in life (sounds so goody-two-shoes suddenly!).

Third, her mother emailed her to say that God led her to attend a talk on Lasik (which soothed her anxiety) and to speak to an Assoc Prof about it. This in turn opened the way for my female owner to undergo Lasik during the short time she is back in Singapore and yet, get follow-up sessions in Australia!

Fourth, although her night client seemed like she was not going to cancel her appointment, she had to in the end (God answered my female owner’s desperate prayers). This allowed my female owner to stay home and have more time to revise for her examination.

Fifth, she received two things in the mail. A VCD on aikido sent by the LARS couple weeks ago (tsk tsk to the snail mail, but always nice to get something from back home) and a Executive Dean’s Commendation congratulating her for her good results last semester. Arriving on the eve of her examination, the latter made it in the nick of time to remind my female owner not to rest on her laurels. It also reminded her of God’s grace and provision, shining through her weaknesses and lack (i.e. her poor memory, long break from studying, battles with home-sickness and other issues).

Cheers!

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook