Saturday, November 08, 2008

alone

My female owner enjoyed herself yesterday, being at home and studying. She is doing it again today. Her usually noisy and crowded house is unusually quiet today, with no one at home except her. The anti-social side of her is very contended to be left alone. Even in Singapore, she was always happy when she was alone at home (we turtles are always home, but we don’t make a lot of noise) and even more so, when her parents were away for holidays. Just a sense of serenity and tranquillity that doesn’t come often for her.

My female owner wonders how she is going to fund the next three months of her life. Her tutor pay stops this week, meaning that from next week onwards, she has to once again, rely on her mother’s financial support for her daily expenses/rent/misc. Credit to her, my female owner actually got through the entire semester without using her mother’s money.

Going back to Singapore, she has absolutely no money to call her own (is the government going to hand out anymore money?!). She had given her mother all her money when she was preparing to go over to Brisbane earlier this year. Everything she spends will therefore be out of a goodwill fund from her mother. That means that she cannot afford to splurge or indulge (maybe this will help her stay out of trouble. Haha!) To support herself and maintain some sense of independence, my female owner doesn’t mind doing some part-time work to tide over for the period she will be in Singapore. Anyone got any lobang? I need to advertise, coz she needs money to stock up on our food too! (This is called forward planning.)

Ah, I suppose this would be a nice time to have a boyfriend…

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook