Saturday, November 29, 2008

finger

My female owner finally managed to put a finger to the feeling she has been having regarding going back to Singapore. For a while, she had been wondering why she was feeling blue about leaving Brisbane (the way she felt blue weeks before leaving Singapore to go to Brisbane in Feb this year). She was confused about her feeling coz she knew that she wasn’t sad to “leave Brisbane behind”. (If she is, I would be really upset! That Singapore had been so quickly replaced by Brisbane!)

Today, she finally realised that the feeling she is having is the same as when she was leaving her first job. Many people will cite the last week of their job as being relaxed to the point of just “clocking in the hours” just before they leave. My female owner had resigned from her first job in a rush (to join her second company) and within that one month, she rushed to complete obligations, tidy up her files and prepare for handover.

This is the situation my female owner is facing now. She will be back in less than two weeks’ time. Before she leaves, she has to complete the following:

  • Prepare for her practical exam (and pray that she passes all four stations or risk delaying her programme)
  • Submit her Internship Folio (believe me when I say it’s a mountain of paperwork)
  • Read up on her research data and look at the data (by 1 Dec in fact)
  • Do some RA work (i.e. call up people to do follow-up with them)
  • Continue to see her clients and other routine clinic work
  • Pack her room and move her things to her friend’s house (packing means sorting out her school notes, clothes and other what-have-you into boxes)
  • Consolidate a training manual for a children’s programme
  • Dedicate one day to a church’s event
  • Dedicate a night of celebration or drowning her sorrows (depending on whether she passes her practical exam)

Note: In the midst of all these, she has no time to exercise but has plenty of time to snack.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook