Thursday, November 27, 2008

hamster

My female owner has been largely missing. She got into this routine of reaching school in the late morning (about 1000hr) and staying in school to do what she needs to do until about 0000hr. She likens her situation to a hamster (think of hamsters running tirelessly on their wheel… expending so much energy but going nowhere). Okies, it is not as depressing as I make it out to be.

The places she shuttles to and fro are the two clinic receptions, the computer room, the numerous clinic rooms, the pantry and the washroom. And they are all located on the same level, within a building that is circular. Hence, the hamster bit.

You know, I secretly think that she is clocking such long hours, so that she can avoid exercising. She is so good at replacing an undesirable activity with something that seems more important.

But I must say that she has been productive. Within these few days, she closed 7 client files, completed 3 neuropsych reports, clocked 8 client hours, did some real therapy during some of those sessions, tidied up client files (which cannot be closed), submitted a new research proposal, clocked some RA hours etc etc.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook