Monday, February 23, 2009

lip read

The first time my female owner learnt about lip-reading was in primary school when she was reading a Sweet Valley High book. In this particular story, a new girl joined the school and although she was fun and friendly, she seemed to ignore certain people. Shortly after, her new friends found out that reason why – she was deaf and needed to look at people in the face in order to read lip.

My female owner met her first lip-reader in church today. He is someone from her new bible study. It is amazing how he adapts to his disability. He can even hold a conversation while driving. And although he is a Caucasian, he taught himself Mandarin and Cantonese! How’s that for being an over-comer of physical difficulties?!

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook