Sunday, February 15, 2009

brisbane 09

Like the prodigal son, my female owner went for church service today, the first time in about two months. She entered the service, humbled from the revelation she had last night and weary from one week of (mal)adjustment.

My female owner knew she was still upset about being in Brisbane, coz she teared while talking to a friend who was just asking her “so how, are you still upset (they last met on Friday) about coming back?” Was good that the friend was sitting quite a distance away, having her lunch, so she couldn’t see my female owner’s tears. Anyway, that was the kind of mood my female owner brought with her to church.

Service was held in a lecture theatre with no air-conditioning on. Despite that, my female owner was ready to bare her heart and soul to God. She knew she had to return to God. During the short praise and worship session, the word PASSIVE screamed out at her.

Passive in reaching out to God, passive in this relationship she has with God. Passive in seeking God, passive in saying and asking God for directions and answers to important questions in her life.

She also realised that after an exhausting year in 2008, she simply has no strength to fight as hard as she did last year. The road ahead contains the same kind of bumps as last year and some others, in the form of rigid systems, staff and politics. She has been questioning herself, why psychology? Why be so ambitious and pursue a doctorate? Why couldn’t she be contented with life in Singapore, and just stay employed as she was?

God asked her why she kept going to friends for help and advice and not to Him. Why didn’t she trust Him enough? Why did she take things upon herself and behave as if there is no God?

God dealt with her emotions too. He showed that it was ok to feel sad coz it was part of being human. What was not ok was that she forced herself to not to feel sad, thinking that Christians should not feel sad. What He wanted her to do instead is to bring her unhappinesses etc to Him and not hoard them in her heart.

Like flashes of lighting, God bombarded her, some from the Bible, some regarding her situation.

Rejoice always. In your circumstances. My joy will be your strength.

Not by might, nor by power, but by My Spirit, says the Lord of hosts. Who are you, O great mountain? Before Zerubbabel you shall become a plain!

I am the same yesterday, today and forever. What you once experienced as a youth, I can do much more than that. Don’t let your age deter you.

I am faithful. See what I have done for you in 2008? I am faithful.

Seek ye first the kingdom of God and all His righteousness, and all these will be added unto you.

Draw near to Me and I will draw near to you.

I can do exceedingly abundantly above all that you can ever think or dream of.

I know you, I made you. Come to me, don’t struggle on your own.

So many words of life, as my female owner waited on the Lord today.

Moving forward, my female owner asked God to show her what He had in store for her for Brisbane 2009. The guiding verse for 2008 was Proverbs 3:5-6. She wants a guiding verse for this year too.

As what Aussies will say, it’s time to stop mucking around with God.

2 comments:

SeaLs said...

That was also my guiding verse when I was there for 3years... *hugs*

Whenever I think about how faithful God has been to me.. WHAM. Indeed, God is more than enough for me.

Anonymous said...

which verse? the mountain one? Yah.. haiz... God said I havent internalised last year's verse yet!

*hugs* are you coming over this year?!

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook