Sunday, February 22, 2009

carpentry

My female owner embarked on her maiden carpentry attempt a few days ago. Her goal, to build a respectable wardrobe that would not collapse upon loading. Determined not to impose on her housemates, she rejected the Chinese lady’s suggestion to wait for her hubby to return home that night to help her.

And so, she started.

The box that contains all she needs to build her wardrobe. 36kg worth of materials.

How her wardrobe is supposed to look like.
Nails and parts which made no sense to her at this point in time. Though small, they were nonetheless essential in holding up the wardrobe eventually.

The large materials. Darn heavy!

The finished product! After two hours of sweat and correcting minor errors.

My female owner thoroughly enjoyed the process of carpentry. To her, it was just like doing a jigsaw puzzle, except that it was three-dimentional. It was exciting knowing that the outcome would be something she likes. She also imagined Jesus (Who was a carpenter) doing His carpentry work. Slowly but surely, putting together random pieces of materials to build something useful.

And yes, no guys needed for this.

2 comments:

SeaLs said...

Hey Mona, I got the same cupboard (from IKEA) as you! And yes, don't need guys to do the hammering and screwing - I've done enough in my lifetime of purchasing new furniture and numerous times moving in Australia and Singi! You go gal!

Anonymous said...

cool! women power!
i liked this cupboard as soon as i saw it. almost bought a portable canvas wardrobe-like structure coz easier to transport but decided to stick with something more stable.
unfortunately, i still needed to turn to a guy to help me install progammes on my netbook. =( My independence is limited

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook