Thursday, February 12, 2009

hunting

Although my female owner is stressed over finding a suitable place to stay in, she has calmed down enough (or resigned to her situation) to muse over the process.

Much as she wished that God will simply drop a house into her lap, the way He did last year, she is starting to see how this process is moulding her.

For one, it is taking her out of her comfort zone. A passive person by nature, my female owner is now being forced to actively pursue something which she needs. In addition, she cannot afford to procrastinate too much. Trust me when I say that she is taking her own sweet time. It’s an avoidant strategy, so if she can’t find a place, she can say that she didn’t try hard enough. Rather than pia all the way and then fail to get a place.

She is also forced to hone her decision-making skills and make decisions in light of various options and factors. With so many choices, it is getting hard for my female owner to decide.

My female owner likens finding a suitable place to choosing a life partner. No room is perfect, each with strengths and flaws. It is about deciding what you can live with or forgo. When you sign the lease, you give up the chance of staying in a better place should one come around later. By not committing to any, you leave your options open, but you may end up with poor quality houses later on as the better rooms are taken.

This may not apply to all room-hunters but for my female owner, she needs to take into consideration, her parents’ feelings. For a while, she was toying with the idea of sharing houses with guys coz the places which appealed to her were generally occupied by guys. But after talking through with her Onli Fren, my female owner may give up this option, coz her parents would have concerns about her safety.

Anyway, like what Onli Fren said, all guys are bad!

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook