Friday, February 13, 2009

心酸

My female owner is still upset about being back in Brisbane. She checked around and found out that being homesick is normal and common. My female owner finds that she is grappling with the same issue of procrastination, except that now, she is also homesick and 心酸 (literally heart sour) about leaving.

Eating is no longer a pleasure, just a functional human activity. Sleeping, no longer sweet and yummy, but a means of temporal escape to a land of fantasy. Yet, I must add, she ends up dreaming of people in Singapore! MSN? Cold comfort, in a land away from home.

At the same time, her schoolwork hounds her. Client files to close. Case study to rewrite. Supervision records to update and record. External placement runs into problems. God knows what else she missed out. Oh yes, courses to register for. Deadlines to meet so that she can transfer to another programme. Her RA work. Buried under her inefficiency.

Questions. Anxiety. Insecurities. Fantasies. Wondering if all this is worth it. And would she ever know the answer? And if she does, will it be too late? If too late, too late for what?

Ruminations. Fear. More fear.

Lost.

This is what homesickness does to you.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook