Monday, September 14, 2009

speechless

My female owner had a mini outburst today because of what someone said to her yesterday. Instead of internalising her emotions (as what she would normally do), she decided to clear her system by talking to I-Fren about it (since he would know where she was coming from). Yah, the outburst came from the sharing coz she had suppressed her reactions for a good part of yesterday.

Looks like my female owner is still in the early stages of establishing her sense of self, clarifying her values/ beliefs and recognising her internal compass. Brisbane09 has been a fruitful journey for her in countless ways. Having said that, the more she grew/ learnt/ discovered, the more she realised that there are so much more she wants to work on in terms of character building, personal development and spiritual maturity. And each challenge she faced (like yesterday) presents a chance for her to respond in a more appropriate manner, and to reflect on how she has changed.

My female owner says that while she was speechless (as she normally would be when caught offguarded) when her friend said something uncalled for (in her opinion), the way she handled the aftermath was less emotional and rash than before. Well, she did realise that she needs to work more on thinking on her feet and conflict management. For now, she has decided to move on and let go of her negative emotions. She has sort-of worked out her values and beliefs with regards to the issue and if approached by anyone, she knows what she will say to stand by her choice of actions. Of course, at this point in time, it still has to be an amiable exchange, and not a sudden confrontation. Otherwise, she would be speechless again. At the end of the day, my female owner is still not up to that sort of intense interpersonal exchange.

For now, my female owner thinks that it would be great if people will listen first and not jump to conclusions.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook