Tuesday, September 29, 2009

sense

My female owner can’t believe how quickly two weeks flew by. It seemed like just yesterday when she was eagerly counting the days/ hours to seeing Second Onli Fren again. A couple of hours ago, she hugged SOF goodbye. It was the end of her two-week holiday in Brisbane.

My female owner was left with a sense of “unfinished business”. She felt as if she did not spend enough time with SOF. No doubt, the amount of time they spent together was probably more than the total amount of time they spent together in 2008, but somehow, my female owner felt that the interaction was not deep enough. Not as intimate and heart-to-heart as she would like it to be. Sure thing. They spent time doing different things together but most of the time, there were other people around as well. She probably had about 6 hours of alone time with SOF.

And now that SOF is gone, my female owner is grappling with a sense of loss and void. She says it is like you have gotten used to life without something but when that something (or someone) comes back, you start to adapt yourself to that addition as previously before it left, but when that addition is once again taken away from you, you are left stranded, with a greater sense of helplessness as compared to previously when you had gotten used to life without it.

Hmm… if that makes sense. It was the same kind of feeling she had when she went for her Gold Coast escapade with Potahto in Mar 2008 and when they parted, it was painful for my female owner. She was almost in tears as she turned away from the train station after saying goodbye to Potahto.

Oh well, it’s never really goodbye but “till we meet again”, isn’t it? After all, absence makes the heart grow fonder..

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook