Sunday, September 20, 2009

hypothetical

It’s quite an obvious thing to say at most cross-roads of your life, you have to make a decision among the different choices that you have. And the decision you make affects the trajectory of your life thereafter. So for example, your choice of junior college. My female owner chose to attend a neighbourhood school even though she could get into some of the top colleges. In doing so, she made some really good friends (e.g. Couple Fren). Sometimes, when she is with them, she would wonder, “what happens if I did not attend this school? Where would I be now, since I wouldn’t have known them? Who would have been my friends instead?” Questions which she can never answer of course.

The same goes for many of her social events. Say, last night, when she was with SOF and her boyfriend. My female owner started to wonder, “what happens if I never knew SOF? Would this event (referring to the dinner they cooked) still happen?” SOF and boyfriend would probably be together, but the dinner might not have happened, coz it was sparked by a random suggestion by my female owner to cook pig’s trotters.

Say tonight for example. After having dinner with her church friends, she went to Mr Nice Guy’s house to learn how to change guitar strings. Watching Mr Nice Guy and her guitar teacher at work, my female owner started to wonder, “if I had never come to Brisbane, I won’t be here. Where would I be now?”

The thought of parallel worlds. At some random moments, my female owner would dissociate from her surroundings and start to look at things as if she was not part of the situation. Just an observer. Wondering how life might be different, if she had chosen a different path from the one she is currently taking. Even something as hypothetical as how would life have turned out, if she had come to Brisbane in 2007 instead of 2008.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook