Monday, September 14, 2009

cook

My female owner always says that you can tell a person’s character from the way he cooks.

In my female owner’s bible study group, people take turns to cook for one another. Outside of church, she sometimes has potluck dinners with her friends or cooks dinner with them.

It’s not the culinary skills that she looks out for. Rather, she looks at how people put a meal together that tells her more about the person. Using this, she has encouraged many individuals with the positives she observed. As a food team leader, she always encourage her members to “cook with the heart”, coz her personal belief is that when people see the sincerity through the food, they will enjoy the food more. She also hopes that will take the pressure of her team to “perform” as well as the masterchefs in her bible study group.

Erm, the same can’t be said about the way she prepares food for us turtles. It comes straight out of a container… and once every two days at best. Sometimes, she procrastinates and we don’t get fed till the 3rd day. But well, there was a time when she actually boiled mini pieces of carrots for Dodo (who liked it so much) and Dona… and received a shelling from her mother for being “so free”. Apparently, she got jealous that my female owner took time to boil carrots for my brothers but didn’t bother to prepare a meal for her.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook