Saturday, September 12, 2009

reminded

After working hard for 6 weeks running, my female owner is starting to feel physically exhausted. Not in a depressive sense, but just perhaps, burnt out. So it is timely that she is getting a three weeks’ break from her externship placement due to the school holidays. My female owner has seldom looked forward to Fridays, the way she has in recent times. Fridays (and some part of weekends) are now like an oasis for her.

So anyway, my female owner began counting down her commitments before the rest of the year is over. 13 weeks till December… 7 weeks of coursework… etc etc.

Today, God reminded her that what it really means is that she has 12 more weeks to go before her time in Brisbane 09 is over. 12 weeks. It is not about counting down the number of weeks back to Singapore. It is about maximising the remaining time she has, to achieve even greater spiritual maturity and intimacy with God.

Today, God reminded her of the first few weeks she spent in Brisbane last year. Particularly, how He helped her ease into the local church. Also, His faithfulness and protection leading her back into His presence.

Finally, God reminded that He knows beforehand the things that my female owner is going to experience (or had experienced, depending on what time-frame you are using) and if He had allowed some things to happen, He has/ had those events under control. So my female owner can rest in the knowledge of His sovereign will and know that she can overcome all things that come in her way.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook