Saturday, August 22, 2009

studying

My female owner had such a coincidental day, she couldn’t believe it.

It started with a planned guitar class with her guitar teacher, with another student. Just as class ended, another student came (he skipped class to see to some car matters). After chatting for a while, they decided to go for lunch at Hawken Drive (a small cluster of shops near UQ). The guy who skipped class then asked my female owner if she was going to uni today coz he wanted to go to the library to study for his CPA exam. Such a random question.

My female owner wasn’t sure if she wanted to go, but she decided to in the end. On the way there, she mentioned that he should jio another gal who is also studying for her CPA exam (these people are super high-achievers, working as accountants and upgrading their skills at the same time). So anyway, they ended up in the Law Library (my female owner never knew it existed), working in silence.

After an hour, in the midst of her struggle to keep awake without caffeine, she saw in her peripheral vision, someone looking at her. Turning her head, she saw the gal who was studying for her CPA exam! Turns out that she had been studying in the Law Library all this while and was on the way to get coffee.

Such coincidence. Delighted to see her, my female owner left her work to get coffee with her.

Library closed at 1700hr, so the gals went off to my female owner’s office to continue studying while the guy went home to “wash laundry”. Hmmm…

My female owner says that she was more productive today than other Saturdays and is delighted that she has some studying kakis now. Studying is like exercising she says. She’s more motivated when she does it with people.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook