Monday, August 17, 2009

nostalgic

My female owner says that she has been skiving for a good part of this year. After pia-ing for the whole of last year, she is taking things easier this time round. And for her, she finds it difficult (or unnecessary?) to work as hard as she did previously.

So as I was saying, my female owner has been skiving. She spent a good part of Sunday night (recall that she was supposed to be doing research) looking at photos on Facebook. Thanks to Facebook, she found out that her previous church held a fundraising funfair on Saturday. Photos, heaps of them, taken by different individuals, flooded her FB.

She saw many of her “old friends”. People whom she grew up with, people whom she knew since she was in Sunday School, or in her teenage years. Couples who started out as friends but are now married to each other. Her ex-girls to whom she committed her time and energy, when once upon a time, she was not commitment-phobic. My female owner also saw new faces of the next few generations after her ex-girls. Though many were unknown faces, she saw in them, the same zest and passion she had when she was their age.

Nostalgic.

She also saw how her peers have aged. Many have ballooned, and some have auntified. Those images hit her hard as she wondered if people also had the same reaction when they see her photos “oh my god! She was once so skinny. Now she is so fat and auntie!”

Well, time to do something about it then!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

fat and aunti! u talking abt me?

potato

p2 said...

babe! read the context of the post! i was talking about my ex-church friends. =p

so insecure ah.

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook