Saturday, August 08, 2009

newbie

My female owner realised how serious her guitar teacher is holding regular guitar lessons when he called her up two days before he went off for an extended holiday, requesting that in his absence, she conducts a Saturday class for the other regular student and another person who has expressed interest in learning.

The extent he goes to make sure that people meet regularly to hone their guitar skills amazes my female owner (which inadvertently signals to her that she also better pull up her socks and be more serious about her guitar learning whim and fancies. In the first place, she didn’t even know there was going to be regular lessons).

So, under instructions from guitar 师父, my female owner dutifully met with the newbie (oldie had to attend a wedding) today and helped him make baby steps in guitar playing. Should have been a fruitful time for him coz at the end of class, he decided that he really wanted to get a guitar to practice the new stuff he had learnt (and even made a bid on ebay).

My female owner shares that same philosophy as her guitar 师父: as long as the person is willing to learn, she is willing to facilitate learning. And the lazy bones in her add, she derives the most satisfaction when the people she teaches supersede her in terms of skills and knowledge (that’s just an excuse for her not to improve!). She has seen it happen a few times already.

With regards to her own learning progress, she figures that she better practice more, so that she won't "let her teacher down". Such an Asian mentality!

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook