Sunday, August 02, 2009

angst

My female owner has been feeling oozy the whole day. Not sure what it means to be oozy but just not her usual self. I think she is torn between two worlds, and under the backdrop of her weakened physical well-being, she just finds it so much harder to maintain equilibrium.

My female owner just realised that ever since she started working at the school three weeks ago, she had been plagued with a new health issue each week. At present, the itch is really getting to her. Tolerating it takes so much mental energy that it exhausts her from doing much more. She says that it is not even like being sick, where you can pop a pill and go to bed. To add fuel to her newfound hypochondriac tendencies, my female owner felt a little bump at the side of her neck. A bump which is not supposed to be there. Unable to put a name to that, she can’t even look up the internet for help.

Making contact with her friends from Singapore just makes her wanna come back so that she can catch up with them again. She knows that some things have changed but she wants to reclaim as much as possible.

Not a day goes by where she doesn’t think about “how long more to go before going home”. Yet, she knows that when it is time to go home, it means that the year is almost up (again) and hence, she is closer to the end of this season of her life (not to mention that she is older etc). Again, she needs to remind herself to live in the present, and not to chase the past or predict the future.

For now, she wishes she can sleep in a bathtub of calamine lotion… pure bliss… for an itchy body.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook