Monday, August 24, 2009

snap

My female owner feels out of sorts recently. Like a boat drifting in the ocean, aimlessly and without an anchor to secure its position amidst the big waves.

Outwardly everything is going right. Classes are manageable. Work passable. Placement is smooth-sailing. Bible study group friends awesome. She has things to look forward to.

Yet, inside her, she knows something is not clicking properly. Her heart is cold. She is not feeling again. She is distant from others. Socially warm, emotionally absent. Going through the motions yet again. Feeling out of control, or even, the lack of ability to gain control.

Is it her old self creeping back again? Are her old emotions seeping into the cracks of her past wounds again? Could it be effects of working with so many students with problems (sponging up all the negative vibes)?

It’s just a phrase. As always. She will snap out of it. She always does.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook