Tuesday, August 18, 2009

gender

I think my female owner has a gender (according to psychologists, gender and sex are two different concepts) identity crisis. She has the sensitive emo characteristics of a female, but the active, restless energy of a male.

Her church is having their annual sex-divide event called Band of Brothers or Simply Woman. No prizes for guessing which sex will attend which event. My female owner was extremely drawn to what the guys would be doing – outdoor activities which involves mountain-climbing/ team-building activities at Mt Cootha. The gals would be meeting in air-conditioned rooms to learn about managing emotions/ relationships and choose a hands-on activity from dance/ self-defence/ make-up.

My female owner flatly refused to sign up for the event because of the stereotypical nature of the activities (and other considerations). Someone tried to entice her with the prospect of self-defence but she was like “but I know martial arts already”. What about make-up? Err… ever saw my female owner with make-up? Once in a blue moon. In fact, she wonders why so many gals signed up for make-up when they already know how to put on make-up.

My female owner used to say that she is a man trapped in a woman’s body and even asked an unfortunate guy friend (she can’t recall who now but must be someone close) if he thinks she is more suited to be a guy. The friend said “no”.

Hmm..

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook