Sunday, February 07, 2010

space

My female owner is reportedly in her anti-social mode these days. And this time round, she’s quite selective about what she means by anti-social:she is still happy to go for activities such as drinking and fishing in big groups (around ten people) and dinner with people (usually about 2-3 people).

On the flip side, she hasn’t been going for dinner with her church friends after service coz she got frightened off by her one and only dinner two weeks ago where 15 people had to squeeze around a table. Her bible study group also had an influx of new people, some she already knew from her previous group, so that’s ok, and some, from random places. Because she is trying to cope with other changes in her life, my female owner is not ready to mix around with strangers/ acquaintances. Seems to take a lot out of her, making conversations and connections. Her usual justification: she does so much of it at work, she just wanna have relaxing social interactions with familiar people.

Anyway, she reckons that she will snap out of this pretty soon. She just needs her space for the time being.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook