Thursday, February 25, 2010

sizes

I think God must be tired of hearing my female owner gripe about her fatness that He decided to take action. True, she is not slender and model-size, but it is also true that she is NOT fat. Just a bit flabby and oozy at certain unimportant places.

In the current placement, my female owner ended up working with several morbidly obese patients, trying to help them deal with binge-eating and other psychopathology and make sustainable lifestyle changes. Seeing some of these patients, whose BMI are higher than her weight, spill over a standard-sized chair while talking about their weight issues really helped my female owner to put things into perspective. It’s hard to whine about an extra kg of weight-gain, when others are told that they have to lose 50kg for health reasons.

Alas, this also triggered my female owner to label us turtles according to our sizes.

Dona – skinny
Dodo – lean and just right (so unfair!)
Nanook – obese (my female owner needs two hands to carry her)
Me – plump (i.e. short and fat… would be perfect if I am bigger in shell-length)

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook