Thursday, February 25, 2010

flourish

My female owner had the most impromptu dinner of all yesterday. A series of events that started on Tuesday, followed by miscommunication between two people on Wednesday, led to one (a guy) offering to cook dinner for the other (a gal) and my female owner while he was driving back from work.

My female owner was highly impressed with what the guy did. From rushing back after work, to grocery shopping, to picking up both of them to go to his house, to cooking four yummy dishes, to taking food for them during dinner, to washing up everything (including the sink!), to bringing them out for desserts, to sharing with them bible stories over desserts (takes a lot of energy to keep talking, my female owner reckons) and sending them home afterwards.

*touched*

Although it might be offensive to some, my female owner still stands by her observation that guys in Brisbane are generally nicer, more gentlemanly and talented (in cooking?). Having said that, there are a few exceptions among her Singaporean friends. Quite certainly, the environment in Brisbane allows this softer of them to flourish. In Singapore, who really bothers to cook a meal for others impromptuly? And why would guys needs to take care of girls since everyone has a family to go home to?

Ah, another highly recommended guy for a deserving gal.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook