Saturday, February 27, 2010

mse

My female owner had another fulfilling day at placement yesterday. The Singaporean working ethics was unleashed in her, as she worked tirelessly from 0800 to 1830hr. Her official hours are 0830 to 1730hr. She was so busy, she didn’t even have time to read her work emails and lunch was just a 15min refill, just to keep her stomach from growling. Engaging in meaningful work kept her adrenalin going and she would have gone on, if not for the fact that she had a dinner appointment to rush to.

She also had her first supervision session where her supervisor and her went over a needle-phobia case. Although my female owner had heard mixed things about her supervisor (which made her a little apprehensive), my female owner said that it was one of the most educational sessions she ever had with any supervisor. Even running through MSE (or mental state examination) – something that is often overlooked by clinicians – was a novel experience. No one ever taught her the nuances/ art of doing an MSE, not even during her coursework.

Sounds like she is enjoying herself pretty much.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook