Monday, June 01, 2009

16 months

My female owner has spent 16 months in Brisbane. This is exactly the same length of time she spent at her first full-time job as a health promotion executive.

Same length of time, but different experiences, memories and development.

One is her maiden job, throwing her into the intricacies of the “real world”. Though naïve about how to navigate office politics and boss manage, my female owner won the favour of her lady boss. She also quickly developed strong relationships with her immediate work team. Her only regret is that she is no longer in contact with any of them. My female owner left because the work was under stimulating (she could go on leave for a week and come back to find that she had nothing much to follow-up on) and she wanted to pursue a psychological career.

The other, an undeserved overseas education, exposed her to a richer spectrum and intensity of emotions and experiences than the entire 6.5 years of her second relationship put together. Her learning curves were steep, so steep that at times, she felt as if she was sliding backwards. Character development (or character confrontation if you will) was, and still is, the call of the day. I might have said this before, but I shall say it again. Brisbane has a calming effect on my female owner. It could the lifestyle, context or weather, but her neurotic emotions took a back seat.

Unlike her first job, my female owner cannot leave her studies after 16 months. Her programme takes three years to complete. That is exactly the same length of time she spent at her second job. Now, that would call for another comparison when the time comes. Suffice to say, three years at her second job went fast… but painfully, with lotsa tears, anger and bitterness. My female owner is determined not to allow history repeat itself.

Brisbane, a unique season of her life. Making it count.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook