Friday, June 05, 2009

only

My female owner finally completed her final assignment for this semester. The deadline had been extremely generous – last day of the semester but in her usual “I need adrenaline” working style, she completed it on the day of submission.

In addition, she multi-tasked and had decent MSN conversations with four individuals while she worked at her assignment for six straight hours. One of the individuals was her Onli Fren, whom my female owner had not spoken to for ages. For certain Frens, ages mean “about a week”.

Through the long chat (no thanks to Onli Fren’s constant disappearance!), they realised that Onli Fren had forgotten how the term Onli Fren came about! How upsetting for my female owner who had real, emotional reasons for coming up with such a term. Onli Fren also got upset coz she felt that “Onli Fren not necessarily only friend”. Ah… someone’s jealous and insecure.

Anyway, to set the records straight, I’ve clarified how the term “Onli Fren” was birthed.

There was a period of time in my female owner’s life when she felt really down and out. However, when she looked through her handphone contact numbers and the friends she had in her life, she realised that there was ONLY one person whom she MIGHT call if she needed to talk to someone. Yes, only one person and that was Onli Fren.

There you go, short and sweet history.

My female owner knew that the reverse was not true. That Onli Fren had several other close friends whom she could turn to in times of need. For instance, Onli Fren had a best friend and other same cohort friends. But for my female owner, Onli Fren was really only friend then.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook