Sunday, June 21, 2009

back

My female owner found out that one of her bible study group member is going back to her home country for about 6 months. And she might not return after that.

This news came as a shock to her. I think my female owner had somehow taken for granted that given their “working” status, her bible study group members are staying in Brisbane for the long haul.

She then realised that people come and go and this is probably something she has to get used to, being surrounded by international students/ friends. Although my female owner only knew this person for about 4 months, she has grown attached to her and knows that she would miss her when she leaves.

Yah, and my female owner starts to wonder about her own eventual farewell to Brisbane. The people whom she would leave behind, the lifestyle she would have grown to love, the weather (so shiok, she says) etc. Oh well, I better stop talking about this, before I make her sound as if she is living in the past, catastrophising about the future, and missing out on the present. All I want to say now is that my female owner is sorry that half of her programme is completed and she has only another 1.5 years to go..

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook