Friday, June 12, 2009

cherry-picking

My female hasn’t had any counselling sessions for a long time. There was supposed to be one session last Friday but her Counsellor did not turn up. My female owner didn’t feel like asking her what happened and assumed that she had forgotten about it. Having been seeing her own clients, my female owner has always been on the side of waiting for people and chasing them up when they default/ cancel, so much so that she can’t bring herself to do the same thing as a counsellee.

And so, my female owner flitted along with life, with a nagging voice at the back of her mind about this issue. Yesterday, the voice manifested as an email from her ex-leader who wanted to know how things were going. My female owner typed off an email summarising her life over the past 1.5 months and ventilated about the dirty old man. She hasn’t gotten over the incident and her disgust with him actually escalated yesterday when he sat in for her group therapy and was highly disruptive.

Ex-leader replied with some of his thoughts about the way forward, a few of which are my female owner’s stuck points. So my female owner’s reply was “blah blah blah… not ready yet..slowly” or something along those lines. Before she slept, my female owner went youtubing on Pastor Prince (coz her neighbour had told her that the clip on humorous bible illustrations was so entertaining that she herself went around looking for more). Lo and behold, my female owner found, under the information section, a description for a sermon clip which was exactly what her ex-leader was telling her in the email (regarding satan and his ploys). Obviously she listened to it and tried to absorb the essence of the message.

Well well… time to stop cherry-picking the Bible and submit totally to God.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook