Sunday, June 07, 2009

wholesome

Last night, my female owner’s bible study group friends told her that after church service today, they would be going for dinner then karaoke. My female owner was not so keen to join them for karaoke because she knew that they would stay out till late (2am?). While she normally enjoys hanging out late, she felt that she shouldn’t do it this time because of her upcoming exam. The group then told her to “study from 8am to 3pm on Sunday” so that she could stay out later at night.

Unconvinced, she said she might do that and then decide if she would give karaoke a go.

As it turns out, she got out of bed at 0900hr today (after snoozing for an hour). First sign of failure. Then she received an impromptu jio by I-Fren to pop over to his sister’s house to cook lunch together with two other friends (a male and a female). My female owner had such a experiential learning experience, just watching the two guys put together the yummiest meat bolognaise pasta she ever tasted (reportedly cooked with tonnes of TLC) and the gal concocting the most impromptu but delightful double choc chip muffins ever (no weighing scale or measuring cups involved). Just instinct?

The wholesome meal (yes, muffins are good for you) was topped off with anti-oxidating fruit juice and pinky Turkish Delight ice-cream…. And a short street-fighting Wii session. My female owner could not make head or tail of the game but well… she missed us, so she chose a turtle character and squeaked in delight when the turtle turned into a ball (she still likes round things).

What an eye-popping, mouth-watering gastronomical adventure! (Yah, she couldn’t really contribute much, so she gingerly helped to prepare the ingredients and did some washing).

Needless to say, my female owner’s half-hearted plan to study from 8 to 3pm didn’t work out and in a way, that made it easier for her to say no to dinner and karaoke at night (she didn't really want to go in the first place).

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook