Monday, July 30, 2007

who asked

Dodo’s swollen left arm is slowly subsiding. He has been spending his days in a small tank since last Wednesday. My female owner didn’t want him to be walking around the Balcony and straining himself. Needless to say, Dodo has been feeling blue about his predicament. Being trapped 24/7 in a small space is no joke.

I decided to cheer him up, by letting him know that many of my female owner’s animal friends had expressed concern for him. For example,

There’s Miss Froggy who entered my female owner’s office early in the morning to ask about Dodo;
And Monkey Potato Friend who, though clearly will never be caught looking at a turtle, asked through MSN;
And Donkey, the person whom Dodo was named after (DOnkey, Dodo) and is afraid of us turtles. She also asked.

Although my male owner didn’t ask about him, Dodo managed a small smile when told that he sponsored her medical fees. He still cares after all.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

looking at the uneven circle like pattern on the shells just triggers my anxiety lor!

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook