Friday, July 27, 2007

687g

My brother, Dodo, just came back from the vet. Again, he reported a traumatising experience. The doctor, a certain Dr Siah, examined him from head to tail and probed his swollen left arm for signs of wound or infection. Based on Dodo’s past medical history of pus in his arm, she decided to try to extract any pus (although she did tell my female owner that she didn’t think there was any). Using a syringe, she injected the needle into his left palm area. Bit by bit, she redraw the needle.

She was spot-on. No pus. Alas, Dodo started bleeding from the puncture wound. Being brave and probably resigned, he told us that he kept still despite the pain and feeling of blood oozing from his palm. Dr Siah stopped the bleeding by putting pressure on the area... leading to more pain.

The mystery of his swollen arm remains.

Anyway, Dr Siah advised my female owner to INJECT Dodo with anti-biotics for a few days and see what happens after that (i.e. return to the clinic in a few days’ time). My female owner had no choice but to agree. What to do, precious pet, so must go all out to make things right. Dr Siah then gave Dodo his first dose of anti-biotics on his bum.

Dodo felt so violated.

The good that came out of this is that Dodo knows his exact weight now – 687g.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook