Wednesday, July 04, 2007

charitable deed

My female owner lives for the weekends only. She absolutely hates what she’s doing at work and her life. Every Monday, the countdown to the weekend starts. Every Friday, the countdown to the end of temporal bliss starts. Every Sunday, the blues start to sink in and the whole cycle kicks in again. So depressing. It’s really tough being a human eh. And when she can’t see beyond the next day, she takes leave.

That’s what she did today – hump day of the week (since it’s the middle of a workweek). Not really sure what she did (coz she left home for a while) but when she came back, she was on fire!

She took us one by one, first Dodo, then me, later Dona and lastly Nanook, and gave us a good long shell scrub. Believe me when I say that we have accumulated layers of dirt, dust and grime through the months of living in the Balcony (can’t remember when our last scrub was).

My male owner normally undertakes this task but he hasn’t been around. My female owner probably got sick and tired of seeing us look like dusty desert tortoises and decided to do something charitable today. I can’t say that I enjoyed the process of being scrubbed and turtle-handled (she used a toothbrush so that she could reach in between the grooves of our shells) but the after effect is really good. After all, which turtle doesn’t like to feel clean and …. look green again?

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook