Tuesday, July 17, 2007

meaning of your name

My female owner tried to find out the meanings of our names today. Nil returns for all of us. Guess she really didn’t name us after human beings. She gave up and decided to look up her name. For want of anonymity, I’m not going to reveal her name. I’m just going to talk about it!

The origin of her name is Greek. Wow! Exotic.

The meaning of her name is Misery. Right...

How comforting.

What’s more. Her name was used by Shakespeare in one of his tragic plays. She was the wife of a Venetian general who was wrongly made to believe that she was unfaithful. Needless to say, her character was murdered by the husband.

Now I know why she sometimes wonder if her name is a curse.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook