Saturday, July 28, 2007

love... blood... water

Today, I asked Dodo why our female owner was always so willing to go the extra mile to get us treated for our illnesses. I mean, our medical fee per visit is easily more than twice hers. For example, Dodo's visit cost her about $50. Not to mention that she had to take time off from work and carry him around in the rain when she just recovered from fever that morning. My female owner even received disapproving looks from this auntie on the bus who told her to release Dodo into the wild. Given that we are not related by blood, I thought that there was no need for her to go to such extent. I mean, there are children who abandon their ailing parents in hospitals or leave them to rot in homes.

Dodo's reply was this: Love is thicker than blood.

I couldn't help but tear... now I understand.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook