Wednesday, November 03, 2010

lull

It’s a new month and my female owner started her new job a few days ago. She says that so far, it feels no different from going for a placement (especially the nursing home one which didn’t really involve much psychological intervention and was basically a waste of her time). The positive difference is that she is being paid for doing nothing much. She is struggling to fill up her time but says it is a good problem.

So far, in three days of work, she has done the following:

Attend the children’s and adult’s team meetings
Attend the children’s clinic
Made contact with a few families
Fell in love with one of the boys (so cute, she says)
Attend a Melbourne Cup lunch
Had a supervision session with her clinical supervisor
Twiddle her thumbs during lull periods
Navigated her way around the hospital corridors etc

More to come, she hopes.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook