Friday, November 12, 2010

animals

My female owner felt vindicated today when she came across a Bible verse regarding animals. Proverbs 12: 10 says “A righteous man regards the life of his animal, But the tender mercies of the wicked are cruel”

Her study bible has a short explanatory note below which said that a righteous man is sensitive enough to care about the welfare of animals (a rare concern in that era), but a wicked man, even when sensitive, is still cruel (to human beings).

Truth be told, my female owner had been bothered by a comment that the owner of the house said to her once. The owner suggested that my female owner drive Sayang to somewhere and release him in the wild. My female owner was horrified at her comment and said that she couldn’t bring herself to do something like that.

Today, she realised that she did the right thing in keeping Sayang until she can source a suitable home for him. Probably not the best thing she could have done, but certainly still the right thing.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook