Monday, April 05, 2010

escapade

My female owner finally returned from her getaway to the Gold Coast. She didn’t really bring a camera as she knew she would be too lazy to take many photos. So I don’t have any photos to spice up my Turtle Pad.

Anyway, her first night was spent in a hotel with three friends, having seafood and playing Monopoly. Not a strategic game player, she was the first to be bankrupt. *applause* The foursome had great fun nonetheless but had to ssshhh themselves up after being scolded by the hotel staff for laughing too loudly.

The next four days were spent in a church conference, the annual Oceania Conference. Every conference (she has been to three) is different and hence, impacts her in different ways. She had her heart-warming moments and her “what-am-I-doing-here?” flashes too. But overall, she likens it to an annual detoxing therapy, where she gets rid of the spiritual cobwebs in her life and polishes her spirit up for a new year.

Her escapade ended appropriately with a run with I-Fren who happened to be in her area today. They were supposed to meet up in the Coast over the weekend but a major breakdown in communication resulted in them going to different locations. But well, at least they got to jog eventually.

So there, a summary of her weekend. Will update with more details soon!

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook