Wednesday, April 28, 2010

exclusive

Okies, don’t shoot me. I know I haven’t been updating this Turtle Pad. I’ve been lazy. My female owner had been floating around (or rather, zipping around) with her various work/social commitments that it had been difficult to catch her. And then, because of these various commitments that are not thesis-related, she gets cranky and irritable (maybe it’s almost THAT time of the month?) So, in times like this, you can’t blame me for not wanting to approach her for updates yah? You know, in case I lose my shell in the process?

Okay, so maybe I should update you on what she has been up to?

She went with some church friends to Mooloolah Valley (somewhere in the north) over the weekend. She took some basic photos but intended to take the rest from her friends (hence no photos this time). This trip created some controversy amongst some individuals who aired their displeasure at not being invited for the trip and who wondered aloud if the group had been exclusive. That kinda marred the trip for my female owner, but as what I-Fren says (and she agrees wholeheartedly): “friendship is exclusive”

At the same time, her research supervisor threw different kinds of bombs at her, bombs that she had to detonate, which obviously ate away time and resources that she could have otherwise spent on her thesis. Hence, she is not happy. Or rather, she is stressed and overwhelmed with the endless editing, proofreading and formatting of various papers.

There are other things pulling at her but I better end here, lest she gets suck into a downward spiral. Till we meet again, take care!

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook