Thursday, April 29, 2010

focus

My female owner says she almost cried during flute lesson today. She has been stretching herself this week with RA work – endless editing and proofreading – to the point where she feels nauseated. She also had to deal with her own thesis and her endless ruminations about what’s next, after graduation?

Her flute teacher was harsher than usual and of course, that made my female owner more anxious and less fluid in her playing. She was accused of not paying attention to dynamics and other musical features. While partly true, the main reason was that her cognitive resources were channelled largely to getting the notes right.

Anyway, her flute teacher always says how a student plays reflects his/ her personality. Today, he commented that she lacked focus in her playing.. the way she probably lacks focus in her life. He actually verified his hypothesis by first asking her (before making that comment) what her plans are, post-graduation. My female owner’s response (no prize for guessing) was “I don’t know”.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook