Friday, August 27, 2010

threshold

Apparently my female owner’s supervisor took so long to revert with his comments on her second drafts that my female owner had the luxury of time to revert to her old-time habit – prolonged MSN chats. She hadn’t been visible for many months because of Thesus but just this week alone, she made connect with some buddies whom she had not spoken for some time – Potahto, Canadian Jogging Kaki and Melbourne Fren. She also went out with Intuitive Fren and got her dose of wit and fast-firing exchange of sarcasm.

All good times must come to an end, and it ended when her supervisor finally reverted with her drafts. Essentially her heart sank when she saw the multitude of comments and question marks he generously dosed onto her draft and the most perplexing thing he wrote came at the end of the two chapters: “good work, congratulations”.

My female owner finds it hard to reconcile his actions and words. Internally, she is fading away already. She is reaching her threshold of last minute comments which should have been pointed earlier, if at all. She says that her chapter has reached a point where if you fix something here, something else might collapse. So finally, she asked Special Fren if he would be available to do a last-time job of proof-reading her chapter, so that these cracks would be spotted now, than later. As usual, he kindly said ok. Ah, so blessed, my female owner.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook