Sunday, August 08, 2010

teary

My female owner had a teary week. It started on Tuesday with the bombshells her supervisor dropped on her. She ploughed along on Wednesday, heavy hearted. Had a brief chat with Mr S who asked if she was ok. Thursday came, and she was still ambivalent and distressed over the happenings on Tuesday. However, she kept working on her thesis. Grateful for Mr S who sent her emails reminding her of what she had to do (coz he knew she would forget) and encouraging her to be more proactive in getting her supervisor to play his part. Emo Sponge came over at night. Had a brief face-to-face chat with him and my female owner almost teared again, talking about her problems. Friday. Emo Sponge had been faithfully whatsapping her to cheer her on and support her efforts in taking care of Sayang. When my female owner remarked that she feels as if she is having post-natal depression, he promised that he (being the god dad) and the father of Sayang (a friend who self-confessed to be her father) would be supporting her emotionally, financially, spiritually and physically. Ah, sweet words. Late pm, my female owner dragged herself to school to return an overdue book and to meet Mr S (how funny, both of them had to go to school but were too lazy to do so, unless they had other additional reasons to go out, hence they agreed to meet). Was meant to be a brainless evening but Mr S asked her again about her coping and emotional well-being, commenting that she was “flat”. He found out that it was very important for her to graduate by the end of the year and through his persistent but therapeutic probing, sussed out the deep seated reasons for her relentless pursuit of a ridiculous deadline… and in the process, she teared again. My female owner had never been teary over a stretch of so many days before. This is new and rightly distressing for her. However, after Friday's guided soul-searching, my female owner said that she is clearer of her irrational thoughts and inflexible beliefs.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook